The 2023 Awards FAQs
The annual process where mascots are nominated for great work they accomplished in the last year. To be considered for this year it must be documented work or performances that occurred between September 15, 2022 and September 15, 2023. Any submissions for work or performances that took place prior to September 15, 2022 will not be considered.
- A mascot must have been active as a performing character in one of the groups described below . . .
- The major and minor league sports of baseball (MLB, MiLB, etc), basketball (NBA, WNBA, etc), football (NFL, CFL, etc), hockey (NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc.), and soccer (MLS, NWSL, USL, NASL, etc.) as recognized in the United States.
- College Divisions of NCAA Divisions I, II, III, NAIA
- Independently performing character
- Recognized High School program
- This is an annual award specific to work or performances that occurred since the last time the Awards were announced. That date was September 15, 2022. For consideration to be on this year's ballot only work/performances that was accomplished between September 15, 2022 and September 15, 2023 will be considered. Please do not submit nominations for work done prior to September 15, 2022 as it will be denied.
This year Awards voting will begin on Wednesday, November 1 and run for a total of 21 days.
The ballot will be created by a combination of nominations from the Executive Committee, qualified mascot programs who nominated their programs, and the general public. The Executive Committee and general public nominations must also be accepted by the team or school to actually get on the ballot.
The Mascot Hall of Fame Executive Committee does review all of the submitted and accepted nominations and determines who makes the final ballot in a given area.
Everyone with a valid email address can vote. This is 100% public vote, and while the Executive Committee may contribute to the creation of the ballot, their votes count equal to every member of the public.
For a mascot to be considered for the ballot, first they must be nominated, then the organization must accept the nomination, then the list of accepted nominations are reviewed by the Executive Committee.
The reasons why in a given year and category a mascot does not make a specific ballot are many. The team may not have accepted their nomination, or the Executive Committee determined there were more worthy programs in the given area and classification.
There are 17 different ballots to consider submitting a selection for, each allowing you to vote for only a single mascot in each level and category. You can submit a ballot with only one selection or submit a ballot with up to 17 different ballot selections.
People can submit a ballot daily from a unique device. Name, email, and zip code are all that is needed along with your mascot selection(s).
You can vote again the following day after 24 hours since your last vote on the same device.
Unlike the process where Induction is being voted on, this is 100% public vote and no weight is given to any voting group. The mascot in each category and award area with the most votes wins.
Yes, because unlike "The VOTE" process, Executive Committee members carry no weight in the voting process.
The mascots who win in each category and award area will be announced online currently scheduled for Friday, December 1, 2023.